Black elderberry extract has been shown to reduce symptoms and shorten duration of flu(1,2) and has been used for centuries with seasonal viruses.
Several Covid-19 trials are underway examining its potential effects with the virus that has led to the global Pandemic.
Early data from one study shows for the first time that black elderberry extract can inhibit the replication of Coronavirus, at low concentrations.
The findings are great news, as elderberry’s excellent anti-viral properties made it a natural choice to include in our Immuno3B botanical formulation showcased in CurraNZ Immune.
Our ‘berry blast’ contains a super-complex of black elderberry, blueberry and CurraNZ blackcurrant extracts, all shown to offer a multitude of health-promoting actions, as well as anti-viral properties.
Completing the CurraNZ Immune formulation, is a powerful blend of Vitamins C, D and A, plus beta glucans and selenium, all from natural sources.
Get our Immune Support at 25% off - use the code Immune25
- Zakay-Rones Z, Thom E, Wollan T, Wadstein J. Randomized study of the efficacy and safety of oral elderberry extract in the treatment of influenza A and B virus infections. J Int Med Res. 2004;32(2):132-140. doi:10.1177/147323000403200205
2. Zakay-Rones Z, Varsano N, Zlotnik M, et al. Inhibition of Several Strains of Influenza Virus in Vitro and Reduction of Symptoms by an Elderberry Extract (Sambucus nigra L.) during an Outbreak of Influenza B Panama. J Altern Complement Med. 1995;1(4):361-369. doi:10.1089/acm.1995.1.361
3. Tiralongo E, Wee SS, Lea RA. Elderberry supplementation reduces cold duration and symptoms in air-travellers: A randomized, double-blind placebo-controlled clinical trial. Nutrients. 2016;8(4). doi:10.3390/nu8040182
4. Swaminathan K, Müller P, Downard KM. Substituent effects on the binding of natural product anthocyanidin inhibitors to influenza neuraminidase with mass spectrometry. Anal Chim Acta. 2014;828:61-69. doi:10.1016/j.aca.2014.04.021
5. Kinoshita E, Hayashi K, Katayama H, Hayashi T, Obata A. Anti-influenza virus effects of elderberry juice and its fractions. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2012;76(9):1633-1638. doi:10.1271/bbb.120112